Our Charity Organization has been created 1 year ago (2014) and the main aims of the Into The World Onlus (non-profit organization) are:
- To help the poorest and in need people from certain areas of Nepal to get some healthcare (chiropractic, physiotherapy and massage), helping them to live their lives in a better way
- To build some health posts (small clinics) in the most remote places of the country, so that they can be used by other NGOs and so that the population can have a more holistic approach to their problems Eg: by now, through the Volunteers Into The World Corporation we have provided the Nepalese population with chiropractic, physiotherapy and massage treatments, but in the future what the Into The World Onlus would like to do is to work with other specialist NGOs (gynecologist, eye specialists etc.) and bring to their knowledge the existance of these small clinics in Nepal which they will be able to use to offer their services free of charge to the people in need.
- To sponsor some young Nepali to go and study chiropractic abroad so that once they get their degree they can come back in their country and take over the health posts that we have built and through a salary given from the Into The World Onlus they can keep treating the poorest population of the area.
By achieving these 3 goals, our hope is to start improving step by step the health care system of Nepal in the poorest areas of the country so that the people who need it the most will be able to get some health advices and treatments.
Our NGO is based in Italy and chiropractic is the only Italian profession recognized by the law which can treat people only by their hands. No sterile equipment, no electrical machinery which are very costly are needed and most important of all no electricity is necessary to make a chiropractic treatment happen. The treatment can be done everywhere, and the only thing that is not even all the time needed is a surface that can be used as a bench even though in certain circumstances even the floor can do the job. Chiropractic is very adaptable, and it is very helpful for the Nepalese population, as their problems are usually back pain, sciatic pain, knee pain and headaches. Those complains are really common because most workers in Nepal are farmers, artisans and manual workers.
Chiropractic in combination with physiotherapy and massage therapy is of great help to all those people who without it would be left on their own without any pain relief.
Nepal devastating earthquake 25th of April 2015
"A powerful earthquake — the country's worst in 80 years — rocked mountainous Nepal on Saturday, killing more than 1,800 people and destroying buildings and centuries-old temples. Dozens if not hundreds remained trapped under mounds of rubble. Hospitals in the capital of Katmandu are so crowded that many of the injured are treated outside in the open, according to local media. The magnitude 7.8 quake, which shook a wide swath of northern India, Bangladesh, Tibet and Pakistan, also triggered avalanches in the Himalayas, killing at least 10 people on Mount Everest. Nepal police said at least 1,865 people were killed (26/04/2015). Given the scale of the destruction, the death toll is expected to rise."
Volunteers Into the World Corporation and Into the World Onlus (the charity organization), which are operating in Nepal since 2011, have been hit psicologically has hard as those poor people have been hit physically because during these years Nepal has become our country too in which we have r friends, patients, family, memories, respect, joy, emotions, sadness, laugh and a lot more!
The goals listed above have slightly changed since life is always full of unexpected event and we have to be fast and good in changing the original plan to adapt to the new situations! This is exactly what we have to do in this moment! Our goals now is to help them as much as we possibly can because we have seen the country and they will not be able to recover without the help of other nations.
Please, we are here today to beg you to help us save those souls and help them face a huge natural disaster that they did not deserve! Even the smallest contribution will help us to provide them with food, water, blankets (they are all sleeping outside), medicines and anything else our partners which are now in Nepal will tell us to provide.
Here below I will not post any picture about the disaster because the crual images make my guts turn upside down and make me just burst into tears! If you want to see the extent of the damages just google it on internet!
Our details information:
- Phone: 0039. 3297606157
- Website: www.itwonlus.org
- Tax Number: 95173300104
- IBAN: IT51 S030 3201 4000 1000 0007 891
- Bic Code: BACRIT22GEN
Our Achievements so far
As said previously our charity organization has been open since a year, and till now has had more bureaucratic expenses than income. It has been very difficult for us to even start to make this point a reality. Having said that we did try our best: thorough this year thanks to various small donations and thanks to the president of the “Volunteers Into The World Corporation” we have been able to: